In the latest edition of IrishMediaNation:
- Baseball’s debt to a Gaelic game: learning about the GAA during the ALCS How do you say, “Play Ball!" In Irish? A recent web surf turned up this internet factoid: “Baseball was probably derived from Rounders, a game played in Ireland since the fifteenth century.” I hate to admit it, but this was news to me…
In the MEDIA PINGS section…
- Bizarre Media Note of the Day: critic Andrew O'Hehir found something Nazi in the new Disney family flick “Secretariat,” writing “in its totality "Secretariat" is a work of creepy, half-hilarious master-race propaganda almost worthy of Leni Riefenstahl.” Roger Ebert fired right back. Even Rush Limbaugh has weighed-in!
- Irish Finance Minister Brian Lenihan puts the media on notice?
- Music is in the mix for the Oct. 18 Eugene O’Neill Award http://www.iamwa.com/…
- Follow-up to the post on Irish “hand dancers” Suzanne Cleary & Peter Harding
- Ex-Riverdancer Chris Naish’s latest guerrilla performance art project
Read it all at http://bit.ly/dkNS7d—